Email marketing services company Litmus took an in-depth look at their aggregated email analytics (1 billion+ emails delivered) and found that mobile has now overtaken desktop and webmail in overall email opens.
In an amazingly quick turn of events, Litmus found an 80% increase in just six months for email opens on mobile devices.
What that means: your email marketing better be optimized for mobile devices. Specifically for iPhone and iPad, which dominated with 80% of mobile opens performed on these devices.
Here are some tips for mobilizing your email marketing:
- Measurement. Do you know what percentage of your audience is viewing your email on a mobile device? You need to gather that information from your email open analytics; if you have uNotifi CRM software, that data is automatically delivered to your desktop.
- Subject line. Mobile devices usually cut the subject line to 15 characters, so be precise!
- Intro. Your first paragraph of content is prime real estate when it comes to viewing on a mobile device, so maximize your messaging here.
- Content. Make it short, concise, clear, brief and with an articulate call to action.
- Timing. Studies show most people view email on their mobile devices toward the end of the week – Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Customers are adopting different ways to communicate — by using uNotifi, dealers will have the capability to keep up with customers wherever they go, on whatever technology platforms they use to communicate.