A new survey of leading brand marketers by BlueKai, a data activation system for marketers and publishers, has found that a vast majority of those surveyed – 91% — say that data is of primary importance for effective target marketing.
Specifically, the survey discovered:
- 78% say that their use of data has positively impacted conversion rates and sales
- 71% say they’re better able to deliver more relevant messaging to more finely segmented audiences
- 68% report an increase in clicks and traffic, with 21% claiming a 5-10% increase
- 63% claim an increase in media buying efficiency, with about one-third saying that data drives more than a 10% increase
The study also found that marketers are most reliant on 1st party data, including:
- Website data (83%)
- CRM data (79%)
- Email data (72%)
- Digital campaign data (67%)
- Search data (45%)
In addition, more than 90% of respondents said that they plan to integrate more data and audience information into their marketing initiatives over the next 12 months.